1.2. NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN
PLEASE NOTE: We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information we have for that individual. If you are aware of such a person, please contact us immediately using the contact option on the Site.
1.3. CALIFORNIA ERASER LAW
Pursuant to California Business & Professions Code Section 22581(a), effective January 1, 2015, this site is not directed at minors under the age of 18. Regardless, we believe in providing our users with control of their information. As such, we voluntarily are complying with said law. Any minor under the age of 18 who is a registered member with us may seek to "erase" any content posted to this website. To do so, you must make a manual request for the removal of the content by using the "contact us" function within the website. Please note the removal of your content from viewable areas of the website does not mean said content will be reviewed from other online websites that may have copied said information including, but not limited to, search engines.
2. INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
2.1. WHAT PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT?
(1) Categories of Personally Identifiable Information. We collect personally identifiable information from you including, but not limited to, the following list. Please note your profile is viewable by other members. Do not provide any information you do not wish exposed to other members of the Site.
First and last name,
A username you select,
A password you select,
An email address you provide,
A profile picture,
A phone number, and
Your country of residence.
(2) Information Modification or Removal Process. If you wish to remove or modify any of your personally identifiable information, you can login to your account and delete the information in question. If you have any problems or questions regarding doing so, please contact us. You may also remove your information from any mailings by "opting out" as indicated in the mailing.
(4) Effective Date: The effective date shall be January 1, 2016.
(5) Do Not Track Signals. Pursuant to the California Privacy Protection Act, we hereby disclose that we do not currently honor "do not track" signals issued by browsers or other third party sources.
(6) We do not currently allow third party behavior tracking through the website. You may generally block companies tracking you for online behavioral purposes by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance opt out program [http://www.aboutads.info/choices/] and using the app known as "Keep My Opt Outs" to block an additional 232 networks pursuing behavioral tracking. [https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/keep-my-opt-outs/hhnjdplhmcnkiecampfdgfjilccfpfoe/details].
2.2. WHAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
(a) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
(b) COOKIES. From time to time, we may use “cookies” to store a small piece of data on your computer during your visit to track how you use our Site. These cookies will track how you use our Site and referrals to us by other members.
3. USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
3.1. WHAT DOES COMPANY DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
(a) PERSONAL INFORMATION. We share this information with the individual or business that referred you to our Site. We also share said information with third parties who assist in the running of the Site [hosts, email software service, etc.], however, they do not use or disclose your information for marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with any other third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law.
(b) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
(d) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Company or its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Company or the users of the Site, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
(e) SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through this Site. If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, your personally identifiable information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
(f) COPYRIGHT/DMCA DISCLOSURE. We comply with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act in relation to copyright claims. Should you make a copyright infringement claim or be accused of posting copyrighted material, we may choose to release your Personal Information to the other party in the dispute. Should the copyright holder seek a subpoena pursuant to the "DMCA", we will be forced as a matter of law to reveal all personal information we have on a member responsible for making the contested post as a matter of law.
The Site has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
5. SITE AREAS BEYOND COMPANY’S CONTROL
5.1. PUBLIC COMMENTS
The Site includes interactive sections such as commenting areas where you can post notes and comments. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
5.2. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we have no control over the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
6. CONTACT INFORMATION
6.1. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices related to this Site, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database please feel free to contact the site admin at email@example.com.